usb printer Brother HL-2030 and DragonFly [SOLVED]

Tomas antencek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 02:20:15 PST 2005

Well, luckily I have a BIOS which let's me choose what kind of USB I
want (1.1 or 1.1+2.0) so I just chose 1.1 and it works.

If you have more USBs on your wife's machine try if maybe one of them
isn't 2.0.

Maybe another solution is to install PCI (or PCMCIA) USB 1.1 card into it.

If you have possibility try your gadget on some other (older) machine
first not to have extra costs if it still doesn't work.

Regards,
Tomas
walt wrote:
Tomas wrote:

...I forced USB to 1.1 instead of 2.0...
I'm glad your problem is solved.  Can you explain exactly
how you 'forced' it?  I think this may help me fix a similar
problem on my wife's linux machine.
Thanks!