Mercurial repo available

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Dec 4 09:21:42 PST 2005

Hey,

I am happy and proud to announce that I am now providing a Mercurial
repo (http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/) which is synced regularly from
the main CVS repo.

So all friends of the distributed SCM, here is what you do to get stuff
going:

cd /usr/pkgsrc/devel
fetch -O -
http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/unsorted/mercurial.tar.gz | tar
xzf -
cd mercurial
bmake install

rehash
mv /usr/src /usr/src.cvs
hg clone http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/hg/dragonfly-src /usr/src
# later...
cd /usr/src && hg pull
actually you might want to
hg clone -U http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/hg/dragonfly-src
/path/to/dragonfly-src-in

and then
hg clone /path/to/dragonfly-src-in /usr/src
so that you have a pristine copy of the repo locally available and have
your own branch in /usr/src.  Having /path/to/dragonfly-src-in and
/usr/src (in general all local branches) on the same filesystem will
save lots of space as mercurial can use hardlinks.

For an excellent analysis of distributed SCM in general and Mercurial
especially, have a look at Ollivier Robert's (roberto at xxxxxxxxxxx)
paper for eurobsdcon 2005:
<http://www.keltia.net/EuroBSDCon/paper.pdf>

feedback welcome, as always.

cheers