user/group admin tools

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Aug 30 06:24:25 PDT 2005

On Tue, August 30, 2005 4:32 am, Marcin Jessa said:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:10:19 -0700
> "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 05:03:14PM -0700, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
>> > The point of using tools named like this is that they're in NetBSD,
>> > OpenBSD, Linux and Solaris.
>> >
>> > --Devon
>>
>> Eh, and the purpose of removing pw in favor of these tools is that
>> pw was made in FreeBSD to emulate their functionality.
>>

> Do we hate FreeBSD now?

I think you misconstrued the sentence; The reason for these new tools is
because pw was (as the README for it states, at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/pw/README?rev=1.5.2.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
) designed to duplicate these tools.  Having the actual tools themselves
is better.