best autoconf for DragonFly?

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Aug 22 10:16:52 PDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 09:51:59AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Instead of patching some configure scripts manually, I assume that some
> versions of autoconf provide support for DragonFly. But testing with
> autoconf 2.59, I didn't see this.

The FSF guys never released an updated version with the current
config.gues and config.sub. The big problem here is not the much
autoconf itself. That part is taken care of already by pkgsrc. The big
nightmare is libtool, which includs part of the shared library platform
logic via libtool.m4 in every configure script.

Joerg