Compatability with FreeBSD Ports

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Aug 15 07:08:56 PDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 08:59:25AM -0400, David Rhodus wrote:
> I was planning on committing the pkgsrc utils into the DFly tree this
> week, but perhaps there are some issues that people have with pkgsrc I
> am not aware...

I don't think that's such a good idea. I don't want to have two makes in
base, nor two pax or other tools like that. We should merge the pax
changes back though. I'm not sure if we want / need tnftp, but that's a
separate issue.

As a matter of fact, I like neither FreeBSD pkg_install nor NetBSD
pkg_install :-)

Joerg