increase number of inodes?

Wiger van Houten Wiger at hccnet.nl
Fri Aug 19 07:18:22 PDT 2005

Don't know whether I should report this here, or in Bugs, but here it goes.

I installed the latest ISO a few days ago. Because I wanted to help
testing pkgsrc, I cvs-upped the pkg-src tree. I think after about 90%, the
filesystem ran out of inodes.
I know there is no 'non destructive' way of doing this, so maybe it's an
idea to increase the number of inodes by default on new installations.
( It was a small partition (guess it was about 500/600 MB), but maybe
other people run into the same problems. )

Good idea/Bad idea?

Regards,

Wiger van Houten