Compatability with FreeBSD Ports [debian package tools]

Andreas Hauser andy at splashground.de
Thu Aug 18 09:48:47 PDT 2005

mhellwig wrote @ Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:22:47 +0200:

> When DF is SSI clusterable, then of course it is going to be on the
> average company desktop, there is no way I am continuing to throw away
> all this CPU power & other resources when I _have_ an option to use it
> even if it means that some apps must be rewritten, this is too important
> to not use it.

Not at ALL, it will run in Xen Ring.
That means it will run in virtual container and the Desktop OS,
which almost certainly is not DragonFly will run in another container.

If you can read german, there is a draft paper about a cluster i implemented
at my Uni that uses still UML to do the virtualization but soon will switch
to Xen.

http://www.cip.ifi.lmu.de/~hauser/cluster/Clima/clima.pdf

If there is interest i can make a short english paper.

Andy