Compatability with FreeBSD Ports

Millsa Erlas millueradfa at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 06:36:04 PDT 2005

Does DragonflyBSD plan on keeping the ability to run application code on
FreeBSD to be compiled on DragonflyBSD?

I suspect that it would be a good idea, even though an improved package
system may be adopted, to perhaps maintain the capability to use FreeBSD
ports as well on DragonflyBSD. Also, I think it may be a good idea for
 DragonflyBSD to maintain the capability to compile application source
code written for FreeBSD as well, so applications ported to FreeBSD run
also on DragonflyBSD. This is so that the large amount of programs
ported to FreeBSD can also run on DragonflyBSD without having to be
re-ported to DragonflyBSD.