Opera 8.02 build 1272 works

Adrian Nida nida at musc.edu
Fri Aug 5 05:54:18 PDT 2005

Bob Bagwill wrote:
FYI, I downloaded the FreeBSD version of Opera from Opera, replaced all
occurrences of OpenBSD with DragonFly in install.sh, ran it, and it works.
There was one complaint about plugins.
Cool! The complaint you get about the plugins is due to the fact the
Opera FreeBSD build machine uses a different set of libraries than us
(and the latest release of FreeBSD).  I have a library you can try if
you wish.

IMO, the biggest problem I had with the *BSD Opera is getting it to use
any other plugins (flash, lava, realplayer, etc.).  I ended up using
linux-opera.  While it "works" I must admit to feeling some shame having
to employ this workaround just to be able to handle all the "needed
components" of the web.

Adrian