pkgsrc bulk build results

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Aug 31 00:03:56 PDT 2005

I completed two pkgsrc bulk builds. The following is from the report it
generated. (The first bulk build reporting didn't work.)

The actual count of packages I see on the system is 2851 packages. Some
significant packages that were packaged:
  apache 1
  perl
  xorg-server
  thttpd
  stunnel-4
  ORBit2
  Mesa
  SDL (and many SDL-*)
  afterstep
  aspell
  bash (2&3)
  bluefish
  cdparanoia
  cdrecord (needs to be renamed to cdrtools)
  curl
  cvs
  daemontools
  db4
  djbdns
  docbook (and docbook-*)
  elinks
  enlightenment
  evince
  exim
  fontconfig
  gaim
  gawk
  ggv
  ghostscript-afpl
  ghostscript-gnu
  gimp
  gmake
  many gnome packages
  icewm
  ircII
  ispell-base
  joe
  jed
  jove
  kdelibs
  libglade2
  libgnome
  lua
  lynx
  lyx-qt
  mhonarc
  mplayer
  mutt
  mysql-client
  nautilus
  nedit
  nessus-core
  openbox
  openldap
  openmotif
  many perl modules
  many python modules
  python 1.5
  python 2.3
  python 2.4
  qt3-libs
  qt3-tools
  rox
  rsync
  rxvt
  samba 3
  screen
  scribus
  sodipodi
  solid-pop3d
  spamassassin
  speex
  sqlite3
  squirrelmail
  swig
  teTeX 2
  teTeX-bin-3
  ted
  tuxpaint
  unzip
  vim
  vim-gtk
  vncviewer
  webalizer
  wget
  windowmaker
  xfce4
  xorg
  xpdf
  xterm
  zip

(Reminder to me: fix blackbox :)

I know for sure that many other packages will successfully package, but
since running as non-root different, non-DragonFly, issues come up. (Soon
I will start a build as root.)

This includes a few uncommitted patches.

        Build started:                  Mon Aug 29 19:45:33 2005 GMT
        Build ended:                    Wed Aug 31 03:36:14 2005 GMT
        Successfully packaged:          2902
        Packages really broken:         1037
        Pkgs broken due to them:        1270
        Total broken:                   2307
        Not packaged:                   314
        Total:                          2621
. ..

Top Ten Offenders

Package                    Breaks  Maintainer
lang/tcl                   139     jwise at xxxxxxxxxx
graphics/netpbm            103     adam at xxxxxxxxxx
lang/ruby18-base           75      taca at xxxxxxxxxx
x11/kdebase3               75      markd at xxxxxxxxxx
graphics/gdk-pixbuf        56      tech-pkg at xxxxxxxxxx
www/apache                 56      tech-pkg at xxxxxxxxxx
audio/xmms                 48      rh at xxxxxxxxxx
lang/python21              46      tech-pkg at xxxxxxxxxx
converters/wv2             44      markd at xxxxxxxxxx
textproc/libxml            44      rh at xxxxxxxxxx

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/