Compatability with FreeBSD Ports

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Aug 19 10:12:40 PDT 2005

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Raphael Marmier wrote:

Could you give me an url where you put these exemples and scripts?
I have not had time for a while. But here are some links:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2002/09/20/0013.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2004/12/28/0016.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2004/12/28/0020.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2004/12/28/0017.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-help/2005/02/26/0010.html
  ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/reed/build_complete_pkg_datafile_from_packages
Also, is it possible to have pkgsrc keep several installed package databases?
Definitely. The pkg_install (like pkg_add, pkg_delete) tools honor the
PKG_DBDIR environment variable or the "-K" option to choose the  package
database directory. I would suggest using different LOCALBASES for these
packages though.

(Also pkgviews worked for me in the past.)

By the way, I do have access to a fast DragonFly build machine. And have
been committing some "pkgsrc" fixes ...

(Please carbon-copy me on replies.)

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links