cvsupfile targets

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Aug 1 06:02:38 PDT 2005

On Mon, August 1, 2005 6:31 am, Erik Wikström said:
> On 2005-08-01 10:15, Yiorgos Adamopoulos wrote:
>> I have gotten a little confused with the cvsupfile targets one can have
>> download the sources.  From what I gather:
>>
>> *default release=cvs tag=DragonFly_Preview	<- PREVIEW
>> *default release=cvs tag=.			<- HEAD
>>
>> right?  And what is the tag for STABLE ?
>
> *default release=cvs tag=DragonFly_RELEASE_1_2_Slip

As I recall, PREVIEW is the general equivalent of FreeBSD's STABLE: it
tracks recent development, but not the latest bleeding edge.  You may
rarely encounter troubles with it.

HEAD is for people who like troubleshooting strange errors.
RELEASE_x.x is for people who don't like anything to go bad, ever.

I run RELEASE_x.x on my home server, for instance, because I can't have
that go down.