Weird problem with sk on ASUS A8V

justin at shiningsilence.com justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Apr 25 07:01:00 PDT 2005

> 	It sounds like a good theory - any idea for testing it ?
>
> 	I've grabbed a copy of the Linux 2.4 sources to compare tonight.

Deductively, if it previously worked on the same release, but arbitrarily
stopped, it's not a problem with changes between release versions.
Therefore, it is caused by a local change.

If it was a software setting change, I'd expect it to happen with one of
the operating systems it boots, but not the other.  Also, it'd go away
when you used any live CD, not just the Knoppix one.  So, I'd think it was
hardware.

How many times have you tried?  It could be a "loose wire" problem, where
the connection happened to work when booting the Knoppix CD, just from
physical arrangement, and not the other times.  It would be worth cracking
the case open and checking.