PPS users

Joshua Coombs jcoombs at gwi.net
Tue Apr 12 06:37:36 PDT 2005

"Joerg Sonnenberger" <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:20050412131954.GA1405 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi all,
> who is using the Pulse-Per-Second support in the kernel
> or has hardware supporting it? I'm working my way through
> the NTP kernel code (IMO way too complicated), that's one
> of the things making it so.
>
> Joerg

I'm not using PPS yet, but I am doing ntp performance profiling on both
FreeBSD and DragonFly, and would be willing to test updates for
improvements.

If you are considering removing PPS support, note that will relegate DFly to
Stratum 2 duty at best.

Joshua Coombs