make == fork bomb ???

Max Okumoto okumoto at ucsd.edu
Sat Apr 2 01:09:09 PST 2005

Max Okumoto wrote:
Andreas Maus wrote:

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:14:57AM +0200, Andreas Maus wrote:
Hi Max, hi *!
So I couldn't wait till weekend and so I tried the portage tree yesterday
(around 2300 UTC) and made a buildworld && installworld...

I will checkout and try the new version this weekend.
At this time is just a big annoyance but not critical and
I haven't seen sideffects now.

Nope. This doesn't really fix this problem.
make clean forks like hell:

Hmmm... will try and see if I can repeat the problem.

            Max
I haven't been able to recreate this problem.  Can you tell
me where you got the ISO and the md5 checksum of the image?  I
will down load it and install from that media.  Right now
I am working with a checkout date=2005.03.27.00.00.00, since
I don't know the exact date of the ISO.
Can you also get the checksum of the CDROM to check if there
were errors writing the ISO image to disk?  I think you can
type md5 /dev/cd0a and it should give you the checksum.
			Max