PPS users

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Wed Apr 13 06:29:38 PDT 2005

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 07:07:36PM +0800, Bill Hacker wrote:

Have the second such not in critical use.  Citizen WWVL wall-clock.
But Continental US (Eastern US at that..) viable only. Not expected
to work where you are ;-)

Would you do some testing? It helps developing code to have a test
subject :)
Joerg
The majority of my 'gear' is unfortunately staying in HKG while I am in
Virginia April-August and Europe Aug-Sep.
and - based on recently discussed PCI bus / NIC/ SATA controller
anomalies, I am deferring conversion of the rackups to DFLY until fall
and have yanked the SATA drives altogether.

All I will have with me is the PowerBook.  Can't even load DFLY in VPC
since I converted it to 100% UFS,  and I have to trek to a T-mobile WiFi
hotspot to even get online. Playing carpenter, roofer, gardener,
tile-setter, plumber, painter, and electrician all summer. Some skills
can become a curse in your old age.... ;-)

OTOH, selling the house, so a couple of tons of 'stoff', from machine
tools to a rack of S-100 gear, has to find a home, else the landfill.
Most of it is not worth shipping across the Potomac, let alone offshore,
but the OCXO's might be an exception.

I'll check the specs when I get there. IF the specs of the newest of the
bunch are, in fact, what I recall, then that is 0.1 ppm, which should
beat the average on-board PC MB clock considerably, not to mention being
*way* more stable, especially if mounted externally and interfaced to a
parallel port (lower latency than serial or USB).

Anyway - to test the software, you *want* some local error to correct,
wenn ich verstehe?

Bill