Sendmail on installer CD

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Tue Apr 12 13:17:24 PDT 2005

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:55:01 -0700 (PDT)
:Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:
:> :That's not what I meant. :)
:> :
:> :I was wondering whether or not Sendmail has an actual
:> :purpose, being on, when booting off the dfly installer CD,
:> :and if not, have it disabled (for the CD only).
:> :
:> :(There being a /etc and a /etc.hdd on the CD.)
:> :
:> :/Jonas Sundström.                www.kirilla.com
:>
:>     No purpose at all.  I was just being lazy and hadn't vetted the
:>     rc.conf. We can probably turn off sshd too, since you can't login
:>     with it without putting a password on root anyhow.  A
:>     PFI-installed ssh key could also turn on sshd.
:
:Joerg and Jeroen have also mentioned disabling /procfs on the LiveCD
:too, and I agree with them... unless there's an objection, I'll take it
:(and make it a non-default option in the installer, for the installed
:system.)
:
:-Chris

    I suppose we could, but procfs isn't all that invasive.  Doesn't gdb
    need it?  It could be useful.
					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
	GDB needs I think, and I am pretty truss requires it too.  It doesn't
	hurt to keep it on the Live CD for diagnosing issues.
		-Hiten