Is DragonFly for me (i'm a NetBSD user)

Bruno D'Arcangeli bruno.darcangeli at armonix.org
Sun Apr 10 09:05:14 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm using NetBSD since many years mainly because il like BSD and as i
primarily use ARM and POWERPC based computer. But now that i've buyed
an Panasonic CF-R3 sublaptop, which is x86 based. The problem come from the
lack of ACPI suspend, no support for the special key (screen brightness, sound
volume, etc) and no BlueTooth with NetBSD.
I've tried GNU/Linux Debian but i definitly prefer BSD ;-)

Apparently FreeBSD support all this, but DragonFly ?
It's not clear as the doc is the one from FreeBSD.

I do not want to download the distribution because i've got only a
GPRS Internet Access which is slow and expensive.

What i need:
- Enhanced SpeedStep control (the estd do that for NetBSD very well)
- BlueTooth (i've got a pcmcia/cf BlueMonkey but can buy something else)
- ACPI suspend (to ram or to disk)
- Possibility to change screen brightness with/without the special key

Bluetooth is one of the more important because i need this for internet access.

If DFBSD can do all or part of this, i will buy it on CD.

Thanks beforhand

Bruno

--
Bruno D'Arcangeli <bruno.darcangeli at xxxxxxxxxxx>
200 trains de camion/jour au coeur des Pyrénées ? <http://www.actival.org>