Nomenclature Issue

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Apr 8 15:02:48 PDT 2005

:wbh wrote @ Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:30:02 +0800:
:> Folks,
:>
:> The dragonflybsd.org 'downloads' web page seems to have been updated w/r
:> to new nomenclature for HEAD, AKA DEVELOPMENT, PREVIEW, and RELEASE, but
:> the (few) actual http and ftp repositories I have checked still have the
:> old 'STABLE' etc. terminology, at least for iso's and snapshots.  (Some
:> mirrors are *way* out of date also..)
:
:What do you actually think the mirrors should change ?
:I don't think we should rename old files.
:
:Andy

    After USENIX (and after the download rush is over) I am going to
    reorganize the iso-images directory.  I'll probably remove all the old
    'stable' ISOs or move them into an 'old-images' directory or something
    like that.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>