Nomenclature Issue

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Fri Apr 8 06:30:02 PDT 2005

Folks,

The dragonflybsd.org 'downloads' web page seems to have been updated w/r
to new nomenclature for HEAD, AKA DEVELOPMENT, PREVIEW, and RELEASE, but
the (few) actual http and ftp repositories I have checked still have the
old 'STABLE' etc. terminology, at least for iso's and snapshots.  (Some
mirrors are *way* out of date also..)

Given that changing these and getting them re-synced is a non-trivial
exercise, one that may take several days to propagate, should a note be
inserted as to the 'transitional' situation, perhaps with a coule of
'live' examples of old =>new mapping?

Spell check also, second secion of the table:

AR 	 'actual brancah tag'
SBATR 'actual branch tag'
Understood that cvs may already be migrated (has it?)

- I am looking only at the naming on the published http & ftp sites.

Thanks,

Bill Hacker