make == fork bomb ???

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Apr 3 12:46:49 PDT 2005

:Hi Max, hi *!
:
:So I couldn't wait till weekend and so I tried the portage tree yesterday
:(around 2300 UTC) and made a buildworld && installworld...
:
:> I will checkout and try the new version this weekend.
:> At this time is just a big annoyance but not critical and
:> I haven't seen sideffects now.
:Nope. This doesn't really fix this problem.
:make clean forks like hell:
:
:vectra# make clean
:Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
:"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1979: warning: "/usr/bin/id -u" returned =
:non-zero status
:..

    Andreas... do me a favor and check your /tmp.  Make sure you haven't
    run out of inodes or space (df -i /tmp)... look for extranious
    make_fifo* files and other files.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>