ssh X11 forwarding

Chuck Tuffli chuck_tuffli at agilent.com
Fri Apr 29 12:01:38 PDT 2005

I finally bit the bullet and switched our build server from 4.x to
the DF 1.2 release and am in the final configuration stage. Most
things seem to be working just fine, but a couple of ssh things are
different and I'd love some advice:

1) I copied over my old home directory including the .ssh directory
   with the old authorized_keys file, but I still get prompted for a
   password. Do I need to regenerate the keys?

2) doing a 'ssh -X buildmachine' doesn't seem to be setting the
   DISPLAY environment variable remotely. I set 'X11Forwarding' to
   'yes' in sshd_config, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

The build machine is using
    OpenSSH_3.9p1 DragonFly-20040822, OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004
and the client I'm connecting with is
    OpenSSH_3.4p1 FreeBSD-20020702, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090607f

TIA for any suggestions.

--
Chuck Tuffli
Agilent Technologies