xorg +XGI Volari XP5

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Tue Apr 26 09:05:39 PDT 2005

Hummel Tom wrote:
that's why i mentioned the Turion64...
Yes, but it's not as efficient as a Pentium-M, and you can't buy it
everywhere yet.

i doubt about the price, amd products tend to be much cheaper.
the Turions is at the same level as the P-M when it comes to power
consumption
The Turion64 ML at 1800Mhz, has a TDP 25watts...
The Dothan Intel specs with 21 Watts...
That's just thermal dissipation, not real power usage.

While in my personal experience AMD always stated a very high TDP while
the real usage is _much_ lower (e.g. winchester 3500+ TDP 67 real usage
is 39)
I'm wondering what stresstest you did on that winny? Running SuperPI,
3DSmax renders etc. produces heat sometimes in excess of the TDP
spedified for said processor (I tested on a Winchester 3000+).

AMD Goede NX
1000Mhz at xxxxxxxx
in the ULV segment both AMD and Intel have similiar platforms
But performance, again, is weak when compared to the normal Pentium-M or
the not yet widely available Turion64. But let's keep the decision to
Yaroslav :).

Cheers,
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen at xxxxxxxxxxxxx