xorg +XGI Volari XP5

Hummel Tom tom at bluespice.org
Tue Apr 26 06:50:39 PDT 2005

I strongly advise you
to go the Intel Pentium-M path, perhaps with the whole Centrino
I strongly advise to look at the cost of a whole centrino product.

I'd rather check out the AMD Turion64 Notebooks with a VIA K8N800A,
whiches internal graphics adapter is support by the "via" X11 driver.

I found a Yakumo one, for around 900EUR, the Q8M Turion64 YW.

Intel's too expensive for my taste, furthermore I think, it's good when
people take a look at other products, and because Transmeta will step
out of the CPU business, doesn't mean, you shouldn't buy a Transmeta
notebook now... never met anybody upgrading the cpu of their notebook.

tom