Newbie on this list - with a first question :)

Ochronus ochronus at all.hu
Mon Apr 25 08:49:41 PDT 2005

Hi,

First, cheers to all on board :)

I just installed Dragonfly 1.2, cvs-upped to 1.2.1, and then wanted to
start compiling the eyecandy part -
X, window managers, etc.. I chose the pkgsrc method, xorg compiled
flawlessly, then I tried to compile
gtk2 - with an error saying -lpthread isn't available. I google-d that
it's a common bug - or at least was at
the beginning of this month - someone even posted it to the pkgsrc
development list. I'd like to ask two
questions:

1, Is this the right place to ask this type of question? If not, please
forgive my off-topic mail, it won't happen
again

2, If it is, have someone had success building gtk2 from pkgsrc? At this
time it's v2.6.7. I've seen some Makefile
patches, for older versions, tried to apply some schemas from them, with
no success. It's probably that I'm too lame
for complex makefiles...

Thanks in advance,
Ochronus