Builging/Installing X.org

Jason M. Leonard fuzz at ldc.upenn.edu
Fri Apr 15 18:10:07 PDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 glenn at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I tried a 'from scratch' install of DFly 1.2 and still have not had any
luck building X.org from the /usr/dfports :( The first problem that
needed to be solved was to build Perl5.8 from the /usr/ports/lang
collection. This is aparanetly removed from 1.2 and is a dependency to
build X.org. Then I encountered an error:
cc1: Invalid option 'tune=pentiumpro'
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/dfports/x11-servers/xorg-server/work/xc/config/imake

This is probably has something to do with the platform that I am
installing on is a 1Ghz AMD Dureon processor based.
I also tried to install X.org from GoBsd.com and got some strange
dependcy error message(s)... its really too bad...I was looking forward
to giving the 1.2 release of Dfly a 'spin'. But with out being able to
get 'X' installed there is not much point in trying to go any further....
 If anyone is able to figure out how to get 'X.org' installed cleanly
from the 1.2 relase ISO I would be very interested I how it was done!
I had no problems with the following:

Install from CD, cvsup dfports and FreeBSD ports, cd /usr/ports/x11/xorg ;
make install clean
:Fuzz