NFS, DVD Playback

James Frazer jfrazer at ieee.org
Sun Apr 10 09:57:28 PDT 2005

On the ones that don't work, neither video nor sound work.  I just
get the "vf vo error" -- however, the dvd appears to be read
okay (I get a list of the available titles in the output of the
terminal I ran mplayer from).

Yeah, I've tried different titles and that didn't help either.

I can also play previously ripped vobs (via vobcopy) off my hd
with no problem.

Now I think I've got things more messed up.  I tried re-installing
libdvdcss and libdvdread, and after doing that nothing works.
Now the DVD's I could play before don't work either -- I get a
scrambly picture and mplayer crashes (even after recompiling and
re-installing it).

I guess maybe it wasn't meant to be :-)

Thanks for the suggestions.