dfports/www/firefox doesn't build :(

Raphael Marmier raphael at marmier.net
Fri Apr 1 02:40:45 PST 2005

Bill Hacker wrote:

Looks like a nameserver issue, not a Firefox issue.
looks like you are right. After experimenting a bit, it looks like there
is a timeout at work somewhere:

If I try to connect to a non previously resolved name, after some quite
long time, it works.

looking into /etc/rc.conf, /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts:

-are you on DHCP?
-If not, what 'defaultrouter' setting?
-and what is in /etc/resolv.conf?
Then also:

-are you behind a firewall?
-are you setting the browser to use a proxy?
-and what about NAT, routed, named?
The Netopia ADSL gateway has an integrated hub to which all machines are
connected. DHCP is in use and the gateway act as a dnscache.

in rc.conf:
ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP"
in resolv.conf:
nameserver 192.168.1.1
what I find strange is that nslookup/dig works fine.

Raphael