Are releases of DragonFlyBSD time based or feature based

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Tue Sep 21 23:43:59 PDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:44:42 +0800, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

> Hi, Was curious to know if releases of DragonFlyBSD were time based
> (regular releases at 'n' month intervals) or feature based.
> There seems to be a lot of interesting things in the current
> dragonflybsd tree (pf,faster NFS, better GiGe perf).
>
> Do I have to track -current for this ?

No. Matt will be tagging the tree from now on on a regular base with a
stable tag. You can use that one, which should give you a similar
experience than FreeBSD's RELENG_4 did. On the other hand, our -current
tree is normally pretty stable and try to warn ahead of or at the time of
major changes.

Joerg