Are releases of DragonFlyBSD time based or feature based

Erik P. Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Mon Sep 27 05:32:13 PDT 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
No. Matt will be tagging the tree from now on on a regular base with a
stable tag. You can use that one, which should give you a similar
experience than FreeBSD's RELENG_4 did. On the other hand, our -current
tree is normally pretty stable and try to warn ahead of or at the time of
major changes.
Ok. Pretty pretty please.

I beg you. DO NOT make a branch named "stable", when its really beta.

After using FreeBSD for so many years and helping out newbies who bum
their boxes by using something that looked cool "hey look I got stable
in muh uname!!", I really really advise you (Matt) to use something that
doesnt look attractive as a branch name, Like "-BETA".
That will keep the trigger-happy newbies away from using it.

- Erik