Dutch LinuxWorld

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 26 07:41:17 PDT 2004

Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
Douwe Kiela wrote:

"Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I'm not Dutch, but I live in Holland. If we were to have a stand
there, I'd certainly go. I've got the tools to make artwork / flyers and
such. Any advocacy is good advocacy IMO :).

Hey, cool.. But like Martin already said.. it's a bit of a short notice.
Will you be able to do all that stuff before the event starts? How about
transport and such? I can go by train but if I have to take a PC with me
that isn't a good idea. The next event that I know of that we could go
to in
Europe is EuroBSDCon in Karlruhe, Germany. 29 till 31 october. But
that's so
far away :-)
We could also get someone to do a talk.. (not me, lol) about DragonFlyBSD
there..

Well, my main problem with going to EuroBSDCon is the $. I don't have
enough to make it, to be more precise (transportation/food/etc). I don't
know what this LinuxWorld stuff will cost, because I hadn't been
following the thread until now, but that's ok.

I work from home, so I'm pretty OK with setting times. Joerg also asked
if I could get something together for a t-shirt for EBSDCon (*ahem,
Joerg* still need details about that ;)).

Besides, it'd be a good excuse for all us Dutchies (there are 6 or 7 of
us, I think) to all get together. Hell, we could even do monthly DFUG
meetings ;)

Anyway, there's still 2 weeks for this stuff, so that should be doable.
<cut>
Perhaps that for this expo reserving a table and bringing along hardware
is a bit to much for now, maybe we could limit ourself to have a
"walking" promo team spreading flyers/stickers/live-cd's.

Then where only limited to the entrance fee and don't need to bother
about table-reservation and the such. Perhaps that next time we can hire
a promo-table at the next NLUUG (The Netherlands Unix User Group) meeting?

How about that?

--
mph