Problems while trying to update DFBSD

Benedikt Müller mad_mueller at web.de
Sat Sep 18 12:14:36 PDT 2004

Yep, thanks.
The checkout didn't work at first, because I messed up before with the
supfile.
I cleaned /usr/src and did another checkout and I'm compiling right now. :)

Sascha Wildner wrote:
Benedikt Mrüller wrote:

Ah, okay. It seems I haven't correctly downloaded the source-tree.
There is a file named /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist,v. Most files
in /usr/src are ending with ,v.

Whoa! You should not have files ending with ,v in /usr/src. Seems like
you directly copied stuff from /home/dcvs to /usr/src. You should wipe
/usr/src and checkout a fresh copy with cvs:

# cvsup /usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-supfile
# cd /usr
# cvs -d /home/dcvs checkout src
You can alternatively use
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-src-supfile to directly cvsup /usr/src.

Regards,
Sascha