Problems while trying to update DFBSD

Benedikt Mrüller mad_mueller at web.de
Sat Sep 18 11:30:06 PDT 2004

Ah, okay. It seems I haven't correctly downloaded the source-tree.
There is a file named /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist,v. Most files in
/usr/src are ending with ,v.
I'll check some readmes what went wrong.

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    It looks like you haven an incomplete source dist.
    /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist is definitely part of the
    distribution.
    You should not have to use make -m /usr/share/mk... buildworld
    stages re-run make with appropriate paths and options.
    I would first determine why you are missing some of the source code.
    Make sure you have the whole lot.  Then if a make buildworld still
    doesn't work post the output leading up to and showing the failure point.

    Also make sure you don't have anything in /etc/make.conf that
    might effect the build (e.g. like CFLAGS overrides and such).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

:Hi list,
:
:I've got a probelm with the paths while doing make buildworld.
:I can't run make buildworld, I have to run make -m /usr/sahre/mk/
:buildworld, so make can find the files sys.mk and so on.
:But make fails shortly after running the command, because of mtree
:searches at the wrong place and logically can't find there the needed files.
:Heres the output:
:
:--------------------------------------------------------------
: >>> Rebuilding the temporary build tree
:--------------------------------------------------------------
:rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/src/btools_i386 /usr/obj/usr/src/ctools_i386_i386
:/usr/obj/usr/src/world_i386
:mkdir -p /usr/obj/usr/src /usr/obj/usr/src/btools_i386
:/usr/obj/usr/src/ctools_i386_i386 /usr/obj/usr/src/world_i386
:mtree -deU -f /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist -p
:/usr/obj/usr/src/world_i386/  > /dev/null
:mtree: /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist: No such file or directory
:*** Error code 1
:
:Stop in /usr/src.
:*** Error code 1
:
:Stop in /usr/src.
:
:This is the second problem with the paths, is there anything messed up?
:The system version is 1.0A-RELEASE and I'm using bash as the default
:shell. Tried tcsh a few minutes ago, but theres the same problem.
:
:Hope anyone can help.
:
:Greetings,