ASCII art boot menu is slow?

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Thu Oct 21 12:45:44 PDT 2004

On October 21, 2004 12:12 pm, Mark Cullen wrote:
> On the subject of booting, I don't suppose you know how to get rid of
> the bootloader type thing? When I boot up it has like
> F1  BSD
> I've found boot0cfg which seems as though it 'installs' that, but I
> can't see anything about actually removing it?

Boot from a DOS bootdisk and run "fdisk /mbr" to clear that out.

There's a way to do it using the BSD fdisk and boot0cfg, but I don't
recall how off the top of my head.  It's in the man pages for those
two, though.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]