port problems after update to DragonFly_Stable

Marco Righele marco_righele at yahoo.it
Sun Oct 3 13:27:17 PDT 2004

Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:49:56 +0200, Martin P. Hellwig ha scritto:

> Perhaps it is needed to set
> PERL_VER=
> PERL_VERSION=
> to the right version (the version you want) in /etc/make.conf ?
>
> hth

No, that doesn't help.
Manually setting PERL_LEVEL does help a little, but I think it's not a
variable I should mess with. (by the way, without those defined, shouldn't
the system default to the base perl ?).
I think there is something wrong on how port variables are handled, because I have the same problem
with other variables to.
This is what happens if I try to compile deskutils/kdepim3 (notice that I
compiled it prior to the update without any error):

/usr/bin/sed -i.bak -e 's|-ldl||'>/usr/ports/deskutils/kdepim3/work/kdepim-3.3.0/configure
/usr/bin/sed -i.bak -e 's|-lgnokii|-lgnokii -liconv -lintl|'
/usr/ports/deskutils/kdepim3/work/kdepim-3.3.0/configure configure: error:
expected an absolute directory name for --prefix: usr/local ===>  Script
"configure" failed unexpectedly. Please report the problem to
kde at xxxxxxxxxxx [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/deskutils/kdepim3/work/kdepim-3.3.0/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea
to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an
`ls /var/db/pkg`).

Notice out PREFIX is now is set to "usr/local" without a slash in the
front. I just tried to copy back the binaries from the live-cd (/usr/bin
/usr/sbin and /bin) and the problem went away. Maybe some tools
like awk or sed changed behaviour since the beginning of september; now
I'll try to find which one.

thanks,
Marco