Looking at giving DF a go... advice?

Mark Cullen mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Oct 9 14:23:51 PDT 2004

<justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1217.192.168.0.1.1097355415.squirrel at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Oh, and I should have mentioned this, Mark:
>
> http://www.forknibbler.com/articles/new-bsdusers/article.html
>
> You're right smack in the target audience for that document.

Looks like it's just FreeBSD but using packages instead of ports :-)

I'll still have to get used to some 4.x things, like kernel being /kernel
and not /boot/kernel/kernel and MAKEDEV and such, but I am sure I can drag
up some memories of using 4.x if I try hard enough :-)

I guess I should mention that I've been with FreeBSD since 4.5, so I'm not
totally new.. but I'm certainly no super expert! I'm not afraid of patching
kernels and stuff so I should be able to tackle any little issues I may come
across!

Thanks for the replies so far!