port problems after update to DragonFly_Stable

Marco Righele marco_righele at yahoo.it
Sat Oct 9 16:20:12 PDT 2004

Marco Righele wrote:
Il Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:57:01 +0000, Martin P. Hellwig ha scritto:

When was the last time you cvsupped your ports btw?

I tried cvsupping yesterday and today (so I should have the last "stable").
I don't think is a broken build, because I used the usual compiler flags
(-O -pipe) and it happened two times in a row.
I rebuilt the system with the latest DragonFly_Stable and the problems
are gone, so maybe I just messed up something with the previous build

I noticed the following thing anyway:
The file make.conf mention the variable COPTFLAGS as follows:
# To compile just the kernel with special optimizations, you should use
# this instead of CFLAGS (which is not applicable to kernel builds anyway).
# There is very little to gain by using higher optimization levels, and
doing
# so can cause problems.
#
#COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe