perl utf8 help

Smokin' Bert Cooper smokinbert at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 11:21:48 PDT 2004

You might want to apply the rest of the patches in:
http://ftp.fortunaty.net/DragonFly/inofficial/patches/libc-widechar/
(You already applied the mklocal.patch so don't apply that)
Also you need a terminal that is utf8 capable and a font
and then still the implementation is not complete.
What did happen with ls before any patches?
How can i repeat the problem case ?
Andy
i applied all the patches, and i'm using a utf-8 terminal. don't try tell me
it's a problem on my end, it works with red hat for a long long time for all
my users. try making a file name with asia letters, go to google.co.kr and
copy paste some korea letters as a filename. ls show ???? before, now it
show junk. ls -w shows it just fine, and the same thing work on red hat, so
i think it something with the utf-8 encoding on dragonfly.