Trigger checkpointing from within the application

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue Nov 23 07:27:57 PST 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    HEAD now has the checkpointing code fully integrated, including syscall
    and signal support, and manual pages which describe its operation.
    See sys_checkpoint(2) and checkpt(1) for details.

    NOTE: A full buildworld and buildkernel is required because these commits
    have added a new system call.  An Incremental build will not work, sorry.
At first... many thanks!

Hm, can I apply those patches to the Stable tag, or do I have to upgrade
to HEAD? How stable is HEAD? (I can live with a bit of unstability...
was running FBSD 5.x all the time ;-).

Regards,

  Michael