PORT Request: PC Emulators for WindowsXP

Michel Talon talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Tue Nov 16 14:26:17 PST 2004

P. de Boer wrote:

> David Ross wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> By request and curiosity, I'm curious if anyone has made one of the pc
>> emulators working. qemu does not cut it, and it is corrupting the image
>> file for some reason under WindowsXP. I really need this to work.
>
> I've succesfully installed and used Windows XP in qemu on FreeBSD 5.3. I
> did have some problems with 'disk read errors', so I reverted to the
> August 1st CVS version. That one seems to work ok, even on Linux on an
> iMac *evil grin*
>
> Perhaps you could try something similar?

I think the original poster wanted to run qemu under Windows, and not the
converse  :-(
In my experience DragonFly (and also FreeBSD-5, ReactOS,  BeOS, L4,
WindowsXP ) perfectly run emulated by qemu running on Linux. qemu runs
slightly worse on FreeBSD, and i have never tried it on Windows.

--
Michel Talon