Retrieving less data on cvsup?

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Mon Nov 1 12:32:04 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 06:36:46PM +0000, Dark Fiber wrote:

>it shouldnt be that big a deal tho, we are not talking
>about package management, just port management. a makefile,
>some diff patches, a description etc.

but when you add up all the factors, inodes, bandwidth, versioning,
diskspace, minimalism, high-availability, categories, descriptions,
searching.... a model that supports them all would have to be
elegant if it were simple.

the "perldoc way" (scripts embedded with docs/information) applied to
Makefiles (or...) might be handy; a local search engine database (ie
swish-e) for the descriptions could also work well.

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx