XFree86 port broken?

Stu ceaser at rome.net
Mon Nov 29 11:51:00 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:43:13 -0500, David Rhodus <sdrhodus at xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> i tried a pkg_add -r xorg (which is broken + fails)
>> then a pkg_add -r XFree86 (which is also broken).
>>

>Did you remove everything that the pkg_add -r xorg tried to install
>before running the pkg_add -r XFree86 ?  Xorg uses different version
>of other packages which XFree86 doesn't. Trying to install xorg first
>then XFree86 would have made some conflicts between the two.  I
>haven't had time to look into the xorg package yet, but there really
>is not a compelling reason as the two are about the same still.

yup, i pkg_deleted all packages it installed in the failed xorg.
matching my /var/db/pkg (or whatever pkg directory lists installed
packages). then tried to pkg_add the XFree86 package..

Im running head if its any extra info.

-- stu  --
[FAQ] Write Your Own Operating System
    http://www.mega-tokyo.com/osfaq2