XFree86 port broken?

David Rhodus sdrhodus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 08:44:21 PST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:04:55 +0000, Stu <ceaser at xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2004 17:26:17 GMT, Raphaël Marmier <raphael at xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to build dfports/x11/XFree86-server after having installed
> >dfports/x11/XFree86-libraries
> >

> i tried a pkg_add -r xorg (which is broken + fails)
> then a pkg_add -r XFree86 (which is also broken).

Did you remove everything that the pkg_add -r xorg tried to install
before running the pkg_add -r XFree86 ?  Xorg uses different version
of other packages which XFree86 doesn't. Trying to install xorg first
then XFree86 would have made some conflicts between the two.  I
haven't had time to look into the xorg package yet, but there really
is not a compelling reason as the two are about the same still.

--
                                            -David
                                            Steven David Rhodus