Symlinking /home and /tmp with bsdinstaller to save space

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Nov 23 06:37:56 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 02:48:18PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
: On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 01:18:56PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
: >
: > I'm going to reinstall DFly from scratch onto my 4Gig laptop.  I'd rather
: > not have separate partitions for /home and /var or any others that are
: > absolutely necessary.
:
: I *strongly* advice against having /tmp and /var on either / or /usr.

Even for a standalone workstation?

On my 4Gig HD, I just keep thinking there has to be a way to optimize the
amount of space that is sitting there unused in /tmp and /var.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.