using cvswrappers

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Nov 7 16:58:49 PST 2004

:Seems KeywordExpand is what I was looking for
:that and /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh
:
:which is invoked from where exactly?
:
:// George
:--
:George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE

    newvers.sh is part of the kernel build process.  It is not a
    function of CVS or cvswrappers.

    All I did was add the $Name$ tag to newvers.sh, which cvs expands
    when the file is checked out, so when the script is run it can
    figure out which tag was used to build the kernel (a blank tag meaning
    that it was from the CVS HEAD branch).

    This way people's dmesg will correctly show whether the kernel is
    from HEAD or the DragonFly_Stable tag or, when we do another release,
    the release tag.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>