Building Xorg 6.8.1?

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Sat Nov 6 07:21:52 PST 2004

David Rhodus <sdrhodus at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05 Nov 2004 21:23:54 GMT, Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Todd Willey <xtoddx at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Yea, I'm working on it right now.  Hopefully I'll have a patch set
>> > before too long.  Xorg is going to make another release sometime
>> > around December 15, and I hope to get DF support in by then, but they
>> > may be implementing a cvs freeze tomorrow, so I'm not sure if it will
>> > get in.
>>
>> Well, either way, it'll be good to have it working :-)  I've gotten around
>> the biggest problem by using the newer drivers with the older server, but
>> it's definitely not ideal.
>>
>> Let me know if you have anything worth testing.
>>
>> Adam
>>

> Here is the patch set we've been working on.  Hopefully this will be
> committed into the Xorg tree before the code freeze to get ready for
> the 6.8.2 release starts.
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~drhodus/xorg-dragonfly.tar.gz

Builds and works here.

The only problem I'm still having is 3D support...  Here's glxgears running
with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose:

libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.0.1 r200 (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so
drmOpenByBusid: busid is pci:0000:01:00.0
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 6, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 6
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:01:00.0
GL_RENDERER   = Mesa GLX Indirect

And here it is on a -CURRENT FreeBSD box:

libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.0.1 r200 (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so
drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:01:00.0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 4
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:01:00.0
GL_RENDERER   = Mesa DRI R200 20041007 AGP 4x TCL

The drm version in the DragonFly tree is at 1.8.0, and version in the
FreeBSD tree is up to 1.11.0, which I think is the most recent.  This
could be part of the problem.

I'm going to try updating the DRI driver from CVS, though, to see if that
does any good.

Adam