Looking at a workstation solution.

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 2 06:19:12 PST 2004

Brian Reichert wrote:
On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 02:31:39PM -0500, John McGee wrote:

i know this will come across as a pretty general question but here goes.

I'm looking for a low end workstation os for a laptop setup.

ive tried freebsd 5.2.1 and its kind of slow.  how does dragonfly compare?
how does it compare (in speed) to a linux 2.6.8 workstation.

Not to in any way cut down on dragonfly, but it's my feel that
FreeBSD 4.x is peppier on a laptop than 5.x.  Mind you, I've been
looking for an excuse to run dragonfly on a lap, and I just haven't
test-fired that yet. :)

any response would be great.

Good luck, in any regard.

Try the 5.3 RC2, its quicker because allmost all debug flags have been
removed.

--
mph