Supported hardware list

Jasse Jansson jasse at hornet.ac
Tue Nov 30 11:34:53 PST 2004

On Nov 30, 2004, at 7:24 PM, Magnus Eriksson wrote:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Jasse Jansson wrote:

I want you people to supply me with the info of your working
devices, and of course non working devices too.

  I started replying but I got lost in the details.  What is it you
really
want, short listings of cards that work, or complex descriptions of a
full
systems?  ("Card X works fine, but crashes my SMP system if I try to
plug
in Y" to make up a possible scenario)
A description like that will at least help driver developers,
so please include that too.
I prefer a listing that looks something like this:

100MB PCI NIC 3Com 3cR990-TX-97
dmesg:
txp0: <3Com 3cR990-TX-97 Etherlink with 3XP Processor>
port 0x6600-0x667f mem 0xe4000000-0xe403ffff irq 9 at device 19.0 on
pci0
installed MI handler for int 9
pciconf:
txp0 at pci0:19:0:	class=0x020000 card=0x990310b7 chip=0x990310b7 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = '3COM Corp, Networking Division'
    device   = '3CR990-TX-97 EtherLink 10/100 PCI with 3XP Processor'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet

Add a comment if necessary.
Can be about if the device don't like shared interrupts,
requires 'oldcard' to work and such things
Nothing is irrelevant, at least for the developers, the list can/will
be edited to fit the handbook or main website later.
 (And what about motherboards and such?)

I think it's more relevant to list the chipset, but include the vendor
name
and model, it's easy to remove later if not deemed worthy, but hard to
add.

Magnus

    Jasse -- Authorized Stealth Oracle