XFree86 port broken?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sun Nov 28 14:06:37 PST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Stu wrote:

> i tried a pkg_add -r xorg (which is broken + fails)
> then a pkg_add -r XFree86 (which is also broken).

I don't use binary packages, so I can only offer a guess:

Whether you can successfully use a binary package may
depend upon which version of the c++ libraries it was
compiled with (i.e. 2.95.4 versus 3.4) *and* which
version of the compiler you are using to build your
system and the all the rest of your packages.

Without more details and error messages it's impossible
to tell.