SMP compile failed on awk20040207 on qemu

Noah Yan yanyh at cs.uh.edu
Sat Nov 27 07:53:01 PST 2004

Hi,

I tried several times to buildworld of SMP. It failed on awk like below:
cc -O -pipe -I. -I/home/yanyh/src/usr.bin/awk/../../contrib/awk20040207 -DHAS_ISBLANK
 -static -o awk *.o -lm
cc: *.o: No such file or directory

my src is in /home/yanyh and I compile it on DFL on a qemu simualtion. It is
not very fast on my machine and each time I try to rebuild again, it start
from the beginning. Takes 40mins to arrive this steps.

Does anybody have this problem before? And I think something goes wrong with
my config or qemu.

Thanks very much
Noah